Egg shell powder is useful in witchcraft because it protects and purifies.
It helps block non-corporal beings from a physical space so pressing it into chalk form, or sprinkling it can work as a barrier to keep unwanted nasties at bay.
Some say it even blocks out the benign energies at work as well, so it’s great for those times when you need to just sit and be a muggle for a little while.
- Sprinkle it across thresholds such as windows and doors or even use it to draw sigils.
It can also be used to enhance psychic ability in a way because it protects you from that which seeks to take advantage of you when your engaged in psychic activity.
- Simply rubbing a little of the powder on you or dabbing a dot onto your third eye energy point is said achieve this.
Another use is purification and is especially useful in the bath.
- It dissolves easily in water so adding it to a bath intended for purification can amp up the cleansing effect.
How to make it:
- Boil water in a pot
- Place empty eggs shells in boiling water carefully (don’t burn yourself)
- Boil for 10 minutes
- Drain water from shells and place on paper towel to dry overnight
- When shells are completely dried, place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment
- Bake egg shells for about 10 minutes or until they are completely dried at 200 degrees (F)
- When cool enough to handle, place egg shells a few at time into an electric coffee grinder and pulse until finely ground
- Store in airtight container away from heat or moisture.
To protect from Salmonella (a harmful bacteria that can make you sick) store your used egg shells in the egg carton and refrigerate until you are ready to boil your shells, making sure never to leave them sitting out for long.
Added bonus: Egg shells make great plant food so you can share with your plants. I use this in my homemade pet food as a calcium supplement.
- sea salt.
- poppy seeds.
- caraway seeds.
- chamomile, vervain.
- pressed lavender.
- pine needles.
Sometimes it can be hard to answer messages or reach out to people. Here’s a spell to help just that! This spell is best performed during the waxing phase of the moon because we are trying to increase something. It is also best performed outside, or near a window.
Things you’ll need:
✨ 4 candles (if available, use blue, brown, grey and white)
✨ Bay leaves
✨ A bowl
✨ A pen or marker
✨ This spell is best performed during the waxing phase of the moon because we are trying to increase something. It is also best performed outside, or near a window.
✨ Begin your ritual for your spell by casting a protective circle. Take your leaves, and write the names of those you are trying to have better communication with. This spell works best if you have specific people in mind (ex: instead of Family, write Brother’s name, sister’s name, etc). Be gentle when writing their names, if the leaves break, grab a new one! Crush the leaves into the bowl. If you’re outside, take the crushed bay leaves and blow it out into the air. If inside, end your ritual as you normally do and go outside for a moment and blow out the leaves.
With cherries and chocolate this treat is meant to promote self love and invite love into my life.
I ordered this knock off perfume to replace my discontinued fragrance and it was a total flop. silver lining though – it came in this awesome satin bag that is begging to house a tarot deck.
I added this to my grimoire tonight. I found it online but no credit to the author was given so I’m not sure where it comes from. I’m going to try it out soon though.
My tarot cards have a snazzy new bag. It matches the gold and black theme of the Russian tarot deck that I love so much. I got it from Etsy.